About Bardiya Jungle Safari
A wildlife tour in Bardiya National Park, also known as Bardiya Tiger Reserve, offers an incredible opportunity to explore the diverse and rich wildlife of Nepal. Here's what you can expect from a Bardiya Tiger Wildlife Tour:
1. Location: Bardiya National Park is located in the western part of Nepal, near the border with India. It's one of the largest and most undisturbed protected areas in Nepal, covering an area of about 968 square kilometers.
2. Wildlife: Bardiya National Park is renowned for its diverse wildlife, including the majestic Royal Bengal Tiger, which is the star attraction. Other animals you might encounter on your tour include elephants, one-horned rhinoceros, leopards, deer, wild boars, and various species of monkeys. A birdwatcher's heaven, the park is also home to over 350 different species of birds.
3. Activities: A typical Bardiya Tiger Wildlife Tour offers a variety of activities to explore the park and its wildlife. These activities include jungle safaris, nature walks, birdwatching tours, and elephant safaris. You can also take boat rides on the Geruwa River, which flows through the park.
4. Accommodation: There are several eco-lodges and resorts in the vicinity of Bardiya National Park that offer comfortable accommodations. These lodges often provide guided tours and can arrange for safaris and other activities.
5. Best Time to Visit: The best time to visit Bardiya National Park is during the dry season, which typically runs from November to March. During this time, the animals are more likely to come out in search of water, making wildlife sightings more frequent.
6. Conservation: Bardiya National Park is an important conservation area dedicated to protecting endangered species like the Bengal tiger and the one-horned rhinoceros. Your visit contributes to the conservation efforts in the region.
7. Permits: You will need permits to enter and explore the national park, and it's recommended to hire a trained guide for your safety and to enhance your wildlife spotting experience.
Remember that wildlife tours in places like Bardiya National Park are focused on responsible and sustainable tourism. Respect for the environment and the animals' natural habitats is crucial to ensure the continued protection of these magnificent creatures. Always follow the guidelines set by the park authorities and your tour operators to minimize your impact on the ecosystem while enjoying this unique and memorable experience.