• Snow-caped mountains
• Stunning glacier
• Beautiful forest
• Rhododendron woods
• Beautiful solitude
• Untouched captivating trekking trails
• Off-the-beaten-trekking region
• Pristine and intact from the western culture
• Eye-catching natural beauty
• Isolated trail
• Home of numerous flora and fauna
• Floral exploration on your trail
• Breathtaking view of eight thousand’ mountains: Kanchenjunga (8586m), Mt Everest (8848m), Lhotse (8516m), Makalu (8201)
About Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trek - 18 days
Kanchenjunga is the 3rd world highest mountain in the world. The might stands tall at the elevation of 8586m above sea level. The mountain stands tall between Nepal and India. In the Nepal part, Kanchenjunga lies in the Taplejung district of eastern Nepal. The Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trek route is not explored often like Everest Base Camp Trek or Annapurna Base Camp trek. The trail offers peaceful natural beauty with unscathed culture and tradition. If you are planning to trek in Nepal, it is one of the best treks in Nepal. Throughout the Kanchenjunga trek, they have their own culture and tradition to live on. This region is mainly inhabitant by the Rai, Gurung, and Limbu ethnic groups of Nepal. Hence, one can observe their one of kind culture, rituals, traditions, and lifestyle.
Moreover as mentioned earlier Kanchenjunga trek is not opted for by most trekkers. Hence if you want to take the pleasure of trekking in the rural area of Nepal through the beaten path of Nepal then the Kanchenjunga region is the best trekking destination in Nepal for trekking. The trail is not only remote but is a gorgeous area in Nepal. So, if you are interested in a trek in this region then you are required to have another member as well as a local guide.
The region not only offers views of gigantic mountains and genuine culture but also diverse flora and fauna residing in the Kanchenjunga conservation area. The conservation area houses rare and endangered animals like red pandas, snow leopards, Musk deer, Pheasants, Shy Dragon, red-billed blue magpies, and many more. To keep good memories in your life being with Himalayan Ecological Trekking will make your dream successful.
Expand all +Collapse all -
Warmly welcome at Tribhuban international airport. Our representative will get you and transfer you to the hotel. He will explain to you shortly about your program. After this, free day up to your timetable leisure day overnight hotel.
- Airport pick up and drop all with tour planning
- 3-star category hotel with BB plan in the city
- flight as per itinerary
- All transportation as per itinerary
- Insurance and Equipment Nepali crew
- Government license holder Trekking Guide and Porter (2 Trekker = I porter)
- City Tour Guide with entrance fees and private vehicle
- Medical Kit ( first add box)
- All government and local taxes
- Farewell Teahouse or home stay accommodation during the trek
- During the trek all meals:- Breakfast, Lunch and dinner
- All Government paperwork with KCAP and spical permit fees
- Company Duffel bag
- Nepali visa fee
- International Flight
- Personal expenses (like-: Battery charge, Chocolate candy, P.T, Wi-Fi more)
- Rescue insurance
- City meals ( Lunch Dinner) and extra night due to early arrival trekking, overstay compare to plan any reason.
- Any bottle of drink and all kind of alcohol
- Money wire charge
- Tips for Guide, porter and driver ( all crew during the trek with driver)
1. Where is Kanchenjunga?
Mount Kanchenjunga originally pronounced 'Kang-chen-dzonga' gives the meaning of "Five treasure of snow" which are Kanchenjunga Main (8586 meters), Kanchenjunga West (Yalung Kang- 8505 meters), Kanchenjunga Central (8482 meters), Kanchenjunga South (8494 meters), Kangbachen (7903 meters). They lie on the eastern Himalayan range, i.e., on the border of northeast India (Sikkim) and eastern Nepal.
2. What is the best time for Kanchenjunga Base Camp trek?
The best seasons to trek the Kanchenjunga Base Camp trek are autumn and spring. Because of the favorable climatic conditions, this is considered the best time to visit Kanchenjunga for trekking. The days are warmer and the nights are more enjoyable because of the clear sky and perfect weather. During this season, more clear and stunning views are possible due to the pure blue sky and excellent visibility.
3. How difficult is Kanchenjunga Base Camp trek?
Kanchenjunga base Camp Trek is one of the toughest trekking destinations because of its rocky and isolated trials on high-altitude environment. Due to which a trekker is required to have good fitness level, acclimatization days and strong determination.
4. Is permit required for Kanchenjunga Base Camp trek?
A special permit is required to travel to the Kanchenjunga Base Camp trials. Most trekkers become disoriented and suffer from altitude sickness due to the trekking region's remote location in Nepal. To avoid these situations, the Nepalese government has made a guide and special permit mandatory in this region in a group of at least three people including guide.
5. What are the required permits for Kanchenjunga Base Camp trek?
Mostly the permits are managed by a Nepal government registered trekking company. The permit fees will vary depending on the season. For more information, a trek through the Kanchenjunga region requires two permits.
• Special Restricted Area Permit for Kanchenjunga (Kanchenjunga RAP Permit)
• Kanchenjunga Conservation Area Project Entry Permit (KCAP)
6. What is Kanchenjunga Base Camp trek permit cost?
The trekking permits fees are organized by Trekking Agencies’ Association of Nepal (TAAN) and varies according to seasons. Please click the link below for more information.
Trekking permit fees
7. Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trek without guide!
As Kanchenjunga region lies in remote region of Nepal, the trekking trials are tough and labyrinth, and mostly trekkers get lost and will suffer from altitude sickness. Due to which a special permit with a license guide is mandatory in this region as stated by Nepal Government so there are no any chances for a solo trekker.
8. Is travel insurance required during the trek?
Yes, travel insurance is must for those who are willing to trek in the remote region of Nepal. It is for trekkers safety and security, which will be used in exceptional emergency cases. The insurance should cover medical for emergency cases and helicopter evacuation.
9. How high is Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trek?
Crossing the off beaten trial, exploring culture and lifestyle of various ethnic group, and passing the rhododendron woods the trekker will reach Kanchenjunga Base Camp, which has an altitude of 5143 meter above the sea level.
10. Foods and accommodation in Kanchenjunga Base Camp!
Common food such as soups, bread items, egg items, pasta, potato items and a regular Nepalis dish daal-Bhat are available during the journey. For accommodation, good care will be given in the tea houses with Simple bathroom, warm and flexible sleeping beds for rest and facility for hot shower.